INDIAN COMMERCE ASSOCIATION
GENERAL BODY MEETING AND ELECTION NOTICE
FOR 71st ALL INDIA COMMERCE CONFERENCE
Osmania University, Hyderabad
(December 20-22, 2018)
The General Body Meeting of the Indian Commerce Association is scheduled to be held on the second day of the 71st All India Commerce Conference at The Osmania University, Hyderabad on 21st December, 2018 at 4.30 pm (The agenda for the General Body Meeting shall be circulated in Hyderabad at the time of the Conference). This shall be followed by Elections of the Executive Committee Members of the ICA.
The details of the mode of elections are as follows:
- There shall be election for eight positions of the EC members in the following manner. Various States and Union Territories of India have been grouped into four zones and two EC members shall be elected from each zone. Each voter will elect two EC members from his/her respective zone. Voter belonging to a particular zone will be entitled to elect EC member from their respective zone only. The distribution of States and Union Territories in four zones is given below:
- East Zone: Assam, Meghalya, Mizoram, Manipur, Nagaland, Arunachal Pradesh, Sikkim, Tripura, West Bengal, Orissa, Bihar, Jharkhand, Chhattisgarh.
- West Zone: Maharashtra, Gujarat, Rajasthan, Goa, Daman, Diu & Nagar Haveli.
- North Zone: Jammu & Kashmir, Himachal Pradesh, Punjab, Haryana, Chandigarh, Delhi, Uttar Pradesh, Uttrakhand, Madhya Pradesh.
- South Zone: Tamil Nadu, Kerala, Pondicherry, Andhra Pradesh, Telangana, Karnataka, Lakshadweep, Andeman & Nicobar.
- Individual Life Members only shall be eligible to vote in ICA elections, 2018
- Undertaking from the contesting candidates will be taken that s/he has attended the last three consecutive annual conferences of ICA. If it is found at any time that the undertaking is false then s/he will be debarred from the Life membership of ICA.
- Undertaking from the contesting candidates will be taken that they will not contest in the ICA elections in the year in which they are appointed as chairperson or co-chairperson of technical session or seminar session of Annual Conference of ICA.
- Each voter shall have to bring his/her photo ID card or ID Card Issued by ICA at the time of voting, failing which, he/she shall not be entitled to vote.
- Prof. P Purushotham Rao, (Past President, ICA), shall be the Returning Officer. He is authorized to appoint his own team of Assistant Returning Officer(s)/Polling Officer(s).
- The Conference Secretary shall make all the arrangements for the smooth conduct of elections at the time of 71st All India Commerce Conference.
- The detailed notification regarding time schedule of election and other Rules/Guidelines shall be issued by the Returning Officer.
Dr Narender Kumar