Indian Commerce Association
Prof. Manubhai M. Shah memorial
Award for Excellence in Commerce & Business Management
Last Date for Application/Nomination – 15th August 2018.
Form submission URL: http://mmsma.coffeecup.com/forms/MMSMA/
Indian Commerce Association (ICA), the premier professional association of India, is pleased to announce Prof. Manubhai M. Shah Memorial Award for Excellence in Commerce & Business Management (MMSMA). The Award shall comprise a cash prize of Rs.2,00,000/- (Rupees two lacs) [together with a certificate and trophy] for outstanding research, fundamental or applied, of creative nature in the field of Commerce & Business Management.
Through the general body meeting of ICA held at Pondicherry at the time of 64th All India Commerce Conference, it has been resolved that award shall be instituted for an amount of Rs. 2,00,000 (Rs. Two lacs) to be awarded each year with effect from year 2012.
On behalf of Indian Commerce Association (ICA), I take this as an opportunity to request you to forward the names of eligible candidates along with their publications for consideration of the review and screening committee. ICA looks forward to your participation and make this award truly distinct and unique for perpetuating the high standards of academic and professional benchmarks in the field of Business and management education which was so dear to the heart of Late Professor Manubhai M. Shah in whose memory this award has been instituted.
Procedure of Participation:
1. Nomination / Application has to be made via Online form, available at http://mmsma.coffeecup.com/forms/MMSMA/
2. Each nomination, as per the prescribed pro-forma, should be accompanied by a detailed statement of work and attainments of the nominee and a critical assessment report (not more than 500 words) bringing out the importance of significant research and development contributions of the nominee made during the Ten (10) years preceding the year of the Award. Nominations not made as per the prescribed format are not acceptable.
3. Names of candidates may be proposed by:-
- Vice Chancellors of Indian Universities
- Directors of Private Institutions / Universities
- Chairpersons of Institutions of National importance and
- Directors of the Indian Institutes of Management (IIM).
- Originality of idea
- Research Methodology Rigour
- Discussion and interpretation
- Linguistic presentation
- Socio/Economic positive impact
4. University Faculties should forward the name(s) of persons for the award working in their faculty/institutions only and route nominations through their respective Vice Chancellors, while the Faculties in IIMs are required to send their nominations through their Directors.
5. Every application/ nomination shall be accompanied by a processing fee of Rs.1000/- (Non Refundable) through demand draft drawn in favour of “M M Shah Memorial Award – ICA A/c” payable at Amritsar. The last date for application/ Nomination is 15th August 2018.
1. Any citizen of India engaged in research in any field of Commerce & Business Management up to the age of Sixty (60) years as reckoned on 31st December of the year preceding the year of the award.
2. Overseas Citizens of India (OCI) &/or Persons of Indian Origin (PIO) working in India (or in collaboration with Indian citizen/s if residing outside India) are also eligible.
3. The person(s), in the opinion of ICA, should have made conspicuously important and outstanding contributions to human knowledge and progress in the discipline & profession of Commerce & Business Management.
4. The contributions made through work done in India during the Ten (10) years preceding the year of the grant of Award shall be considered.
5. The candidate must hold a Doctoral Degree from a recognized University established in India or abroad, considered equivalent thereto, by the Association of Indian Universities.
6. Each published research work of the nominee shall be evaluated in terms of quality of the publication as well as the journal(s) in which they have been published
7. Each published research work(s) would be evaluated in the terms of the following criteria:
The award shall be adjudged by a six member jury comprising of people of eminence and distinction being accomplished educationists, industrial stalwarts, professionals and bureaucrats to make an unbiased and comprehensive judgment of the eligible candidate.
1. A candidate once nominated would be considered for a total period of three (3) years, if age-wise eligible.
2. The Award of the cash prize may be withheld by ICA in any year, if, in the opinion of the Jury, no sufficiently meritorious candidate(s) is/are found suitable in that year.
3. In the event, when the Jury selects more than one person or Team(s) to receive the Award, the cash prize will be shared equally by each member of the joint team recommended for the
4. The Recipient(s) will be responsible for all individual expenses including applicable taxes, if any.
5. The Award shall be presented at the time of the Annual Conference of the ICA.
6. In all matters of Award of “Prof. Manubhai M. Shah Memorial Award”, the decision of the ICA shall be final.
Brief about Indian Commerce Association & MMSMA
Indian Commerce Association is the one of the premier professional association of India, a congregation of commerce, management and economics professionals. The association was set up way back in 1947 and has evolved as a committed body making significant contributions in the field and overall economic set up. Having an enviable professional might the association has to its credit many celebrated achievements and notable contributions which have made a mark on the landscape of commerce education and profession. Continuing its societal and academic enrichment spree, ICA has initiated the process of institution of an award in the memory of one of its past luminary Late Professor Manubhai M. Shah on the pattern of S. S. Bhatnagar Award so as to recognize the contribution of Prof. M. M. Shah.
The general body of ICA in its meeting held at Pondicherry at the time of 64th All India Commerce Conference approved the Rules and Regulations of Manubhai Shah Memorial Awardfor Excellence in Commerce and Business Management (MMSMA). It was also resolved that award shall be instituted for an amount of Rs. 2,00,000 (Rs. Two lakhs) to be awarded with effect from 2012 each year. The award has been instituted in the memory of a life-long university educator, who adorned many academic and administrative positions of highest honor, repute and responsibility, and made matchless contributions in the field of education, commerce profession and societal growth. His association with ICA dates back to 1965 when he had successfully organized All India Commerce Conference at Vallabh Vidyanagar. A prolific researcher, committed academician, accomplished teacher, responsible citizen, Prof. Shah never compromised with his values and morals. Other than his academic and educational feats, his unrivalled contributions for upliftment of Indian society garnered him respect globally. To salute the unflinching spirit of Prof. Shah and let his name and work be a constant motivation for present day educators and researchers, the MMSMA has been sponsored by his entrepreneurial son who himself has become an important part of ICA- Mr. Anil Shah who is based in USA as a businessman with philanthropic disposition.
Prof Narendra Kumar
Secretary, Indian Commerce Association
Kothi No 3, Officers Residences, MDU Campus, Near MDU Registrar's House
Rohtak-124 001 (Haryana)